Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hallmark Channel

I have always been one of those people who really loves Christmas BUT also enjoys Thanksgiving and usually don't want to miss out on the Thanksgiving decorations and festivities to get straight to Christmas.  This year is a little different.  I am still looking forward to Thanksgiving.  We do have a 'Thankful Pumpkin' in the center of the table and the walls will continue to be covered with turkeys, Indian corn and pilgrims.  Hand prints and Foot prints will be turned into feathers and turkey bodies.  And the meal itself will be thoroughly enjoyed by all. 
http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas          However, I've officially been sucked into the Hallmark channel Christmas movie marathon "Countdown to Christmas".  I will also admit to playing Christmas music in my car today.  I'd try to blame it on my daughter and in a way I can and will, this is her first Christmas and I want her to get a good experience of holiday tunes!  But the truth is, I turned on the Hallmark channel this weekend, while the girl was napping and caught a glimpse of 'Hitched for the Holidays'.  I know, it sounds as cheesy as it really was.  BUT it was full of Christmas spirit, music, people being neighborly, Santa and all of the magic that comes with the Christmas season.  I do know the real reason for the season and my daughter will learn all about Jesus' birthday, but I also am fine with letting imaginations stretch and allowing Santa to come visit on Christmas eve.  I love the feeling of Christmas, how people just genuinely seem to be happier, share more, give more and smile more.  Watching the cheesy, full of make believe, Hallmark countdown to Christmas movies, just gives me a little extra happiness while waiting for Thanksgiving to get it's day, before Christmas can entirely take over!!! 
      So today, I am thankful for my TV....thankful for cable and especially thankful for Christmas movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Subscribe

recent posts

Multimedia Updates

About

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book
Learn More →

Pages - Menu

Featured Posts