Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The last ones.

I have had this Matthew West cd (History) in my car for weeks.  I'm sure I've heard this song before, but as I was driving to church this morning, a line of lyrics caught my attention.  I started the song over from the beginning and sat in the parking lot actually listening to what the song said.  I probably shouldn't have done that.  I was already a little off this morning, it was going to be a busy morning.

 

We were short a few staff  (though still had a great group of volunteers!) and my littles were singing for the first time in the service this morning.  Our 2's and 3's choir has been practicing hard for this moment, but they are 2 and 3, the game changes when the sanctuary we've been practicing in is now full of people (specifically family!) and singing loud while completing hand motions is just too much to ask at 8:30 in the morning.  I was a little unsure of how the morning was going to play out and admittedly a bit nervous for us all! 

At the same time, this is October and most mornings I wake up remembering that the sweet baby that should have been home months ago, eagerly awaiting her 3rd birthday at home with her family, is stuck in Putin's version of hell. Literally.  Some mornings are a little hard. Especially mornings at the end of a week that I've been putting together a lesson all about how people celebrate communion all around the world.  How other little children learn about Jesus and our differences and similarities, while living in our different countries around the world. (And of course unknowingly, 1/2 of my 3's chose the Russian flag (out of 20 choices) to put on their World Communion Day projects....they are three...they really had no idea, but...)

All of this to say, this morning, we were observing a religious sacrament occurring worldwide, by my little 2's and 3's singing a song about God having the world in His hands, the whole world, even the little babies and the children, all in his hands.  And my little Russian who should be home singing with this little group, is not. And that's hard.  But...

After sitting in my car listening to the lyrics in of the Matthew West song.  I knew my sweet Lizzy bear was blessed.  Even though I pray daily for assurance that she knows she is loved, not simply by humans she's never met, but by her Heavenly Father, I know in my heart she is.  He's got her in His hands.

And so is her little sister.  Josie will get to experience life's blessings in an amazing way...with a family.  I can't wait to be able to wake up one morning next fall...on World Communion Day 2014, and spend the morning getting myself, AND my daughter ready for church.  Ready to go hear about how children in other countries learn about Jesus.  And on another random Sunday morning when my little 2's and 3's are singing their hearts out in front of the sanctuary and my little Colombian is standing right up there with them.  Proof that God does bless the last ones.


Check back to this post tomorrow for a little added cuteness...(that's taking way too long to upload tonight!!)  Edited - The added cuteness just got it's own post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Subscribe

recent posts

Multimedia Updates

About

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book
Learn More →

Pages - Menu

Featured Posts