Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bold and Confident

  The past few weeks have been quite an emotional roller coaster. Ups and downs on a daily basis.  With the news from L's country, regarding the current ban, changing from one minute to the next. (You can read through some of the many stories and articles this separate post.) The news in the morning might be different from the news in the evening and then there may be nothing new for days...leaving us all waiting.  Waiting to hear what the final outcome will be. The best (and worst) part is that we are still waiting...
  Sometimes, it's easier to put words together in a post than other times and well, this is one of those 'other' times.  So, this song has been one (of many) that have been on my daily soundtrack for the past few weeks.  And these words say a lot right now...





I'm waiting,
I'm waiting on you Lord and I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you Lord though it is painful
but patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step, in obedience

While I'm waiting, I will serve you.
While I'm waiting, I will worship.
While I'm waiting, I will not faint.
I'll be running the race even while I wait.

I'm waiting, 
I'm waiting on You Lord  
And I am peaceful,
 I'm waiting on You Lord  
Though it's not easy no, 
but faithfully I will wait... 
Yes, I will wait.
 
And I will move ahead bold and confident 
Taking every step in obedience
 
While I'm waiting, I will serve You.
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint.
I'll be running the race even while I wait.

"I will move ahead bold and confident.  
Taking every step in obedience."   
    I think these two lines jump out the most.  I am still moving forward. God has got this, I am confident.   
Could the wait be longer? Possibly.
Might I have to take a few extra steps in the process? Maybe. 
Will I have to work a little harder? Probably. 
Is God in control? Definitely.

The thought of potentially losing her is excruciatingly painful. I admit that I am very human, and there are moments that doubt creeps into my human brain and I feel defeated. heartbroken.   
BUT those are the times that prayer helps the most and I am reminded that God is greater, bigger, stronger than anyone in L's country or even than her whole country!!! I will continue to take steps forward (there may be an upcoming post with new pics of L's room!) and I will continue to have faith and I will continue to trust because He's.got.this!
So, I will wait.


Some of you may wonder what can be done?
Is there anything that would help?

Yes. You can pray. 
Pray for the hundreds of families that are struggling with uncertainty right now. 
Pray for the thousands of children that would be/will be effected by this law. 
Pray for the agencies that are trying to figure out how everything can continue work from this point out.  
Pray for the civilians in L's country as they fight along with us, protesting and standing up for all of the orphans in their country.  Pray for all of the government officials involved in the decision making.
Pray for L that she will continue to stay healthy until she can come home.  
That is the biggest thing you can do, pray








 



   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Subscribe

recent posts

Multimedia Updates

About

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book
Learn More →

Pages - Menu

Featured Posts