Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

The First Promise


"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared."    
Author unknown

    
Those eyes, asking for someone to love her.
Lizzy, derived from 'Elizabeth' meaning:
"God's Promise".  

   How can such a little face carry such a powerful name?  God promises unconditional love.  And He does, love her unconditionally.  Extra chromosome, positive antibodies, wandering eyes, fuzzy hair, chunky cheeks, button nose and ALL!!   And He loves her so much, He's given her a home.  A family.  Someone to love her here on earth.  He loves her mother, too, so much, He's given her a daughter, chosen just for each other.  My heart is so full!
   God promises eternal, unconditional love.  I promise, Lizzy, to follow in His footsteps and also love you unconditionally.  To love the gift that I have been given.  I promise to provide for you, to care for you, to hug you and kiss you, to hold you and snuggle you.  I promise to read to you before bed, to play in the park, to swing on the swings, to give you everything you could ever need.  I promise to help you grow and learn.  To teach you.  To be a positive example for you.  I promise to love you more then I have loved another soul.  And you, Lizzy, are a promise of hope.  
Cheeks just waiting to be kissed!
   
    For 18 months she has been confined to a 'Baby House'.  A place where she sits all day, in a room, with little stimulation, little contact.  That's not how a baby should start life, BUT in less than 6 months, she will come home.  To HER house.  A place where she'll learn that there is so much more.  I am so blessed to be able to be a part of her life as she experiences everything new, as she grows and learns.  I will be the one that she learns to love, the one that she'll trust, the one that she'll depend on. I will be her promise for a life.


     God's Promise.  How can such a little face carry such a big name?  Because when He created her, He knew she would have a big impact on many lives.  He knew she would be loved and would also share love.  He promised unconditional love and He always keeps His promises.





1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you found Lizzy!!!! A few months ago I was going through the Reece's Rainbow website picking kids to pray for and one of the children I picked was Lizzy. I have been praying for months that God would help her family find her. I am so happy that you made the decision to adopt her. I will continue to pray for her and that your adoption process goes smoothly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Subscribe

recent posts

Multimedia Updates

About

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book
Learn More →

Pages - Menu

Featured Posts